Spinach and Roasted Garlic
This is a great side dish that's easy to make and awesome for low-carb, high flavour days. Try swapping the spinach for chopped kale, cabbage or sprouts for a change.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 50g coarsely diced onion
- 150g tightly packed spinach
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 165°C.
- Cut the tops off the garlic bulbs so that most of the cloves are exposed, and place on a baking sheet or a casserole dish.
- Drizzle a little melted butter on the top of each clove and then place in the oven.
- Roast until the cloves are lightly browned on top (approximately 25 minutes) and remove from the oven.
- Allow the garlic to cool until it can be handled safely and then remove each clove from the bulb by pushing from the bottom of the clove and moving up, then set the cloves aside.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat before adding the coconut oil and the onions
- Sauté until lightly browned and the onions become aromatic
- Add the spinach and stir frequently, sautéing until the spinach has wilted shrunken down
- Add the roasted garlic and parmesan