This omelette is packed with protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. It will keep your blood sugar levels stable and should prevent any sugar cravings for 2-4 hours.
- 3-4 large eggs
- 25-40g baby leaf spinach (small handful)
- ¼ onion chopped
- 15g butter
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed fresh garlic or garlic granules
- Blend, whisk or shake the eggs in an appropriate container
- Chop the onion and place it in a large frying pan with the butter, pepper and garlic on a medium to high heat
- As the onion begins to turn translucent, add the baby leaf spinach (this can be chopped if time is limited as it will wilt quicker)
- Once the spinach has wilted, either remove the vegetables to a side plate of simply add the eggs
- Cook for a further 3-5 minutes on a medium heat until the omelette has firmed and there is no runny egg left
- If you removed the vegetables, add them to one side of the omelette just as it firms and fold the other half over the top.
- If you want/need some extra calories, consider adding a little cheese with the vegetables as a filling