Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup
This is a lovely warming soup that's easy to make and awesome for low-carb days. The standard version packs a fair punch, so be sure to adjust the amount of chilli you use to suit your tastes.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into even-sized pieces
- 1 broccoli, cut into even-sized pieces
- 3 large cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 chilli
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. coriander
- 750ml vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan then add the onions, garlic and spices
- Cook on a low heat until they begin to soften and become aromatic.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower and half of the vegetable stock.
- Continue to heat gently until the vegetables soften.
- Allow the vegetables and stock to cool
- Blend using a hand blender, gradually adding the remainder of the vegetable stock until smooth.
- Reheat adding seasoning to taste.